Term 1 Novel Study

Term 1 Novel Study

This term I have been reading and studying the novel See Ya Simon by David Hill

I found this novel interesting because you follow siamons last moments in life and along the way you learn about the disease siamon had which is Muscular Dystrophy.

During the novel I had to complete two major assessment tasks. The first is an Explain Map which shows the consequences of a major event in the book. The second was a Describe++ Map (Inference map) which shows I how I have connected prior knowledge and other experiences to what I have been reading to make an inference.

National Standard this covers

  • Year 7/8  Standard
    • using several pieces of information to make inferences
      using their prior knowledge, along with information in the text, to interpret abstract ideas, complex plots, and sophisticated themes
    • I can use a range of strategies, such as inferring, to work out more complex words.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Square numbers to 100 and their matching square roots.

Games with minimal or no equipment.